Nonprofit Employer Survey Rules
Facts to be ready with before you take the survey online:
• Percentage of health plan premiums paid for employees and their family members
• Number of holidays, vacation days, sick leave or paid-time-off (PTO) granted after 1 year and maximum years of employment
• Flex-time and community service policies
• Benefits for maternity/paternity leave, adoption, child and elder care
• Amount of employer contributions to Section 125 flexible-spending plans for dependent care and medical expenses
• Transportation benefits
• Retirement plan details, including employer contributions to tax-qualified plans
• Tuition reimbursement and sabbatical policies
• Percentages of senior managers who are women and ethnic minorities
• Non-discrimination policies
• Organization's sustainable and environmental business practices
For more specific information, view the benefits survey questions.
Rules and guidelines:
• Answer each question as it applies to the majority of your employees in Oregon.
• Avoid clicking “continue” until you are certain of your answers. If you page back to change the answer to a question, click “continue” again in order for the new answer to register.
• The employer survey counts for 1/6 of a nonprofit’s total 100 Best score.
1. Review the benefits survey checklist above and/or the benefits survey questions and gather necessary information.
2. Access the survey online (link provided by e-mail).
3. Enter your contact information.
4. Answer all applicable questions until you reach the final page thanking you for taking the survey.
5. Within a week after submission, you will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your completed survey.
6. The benefits survey is due by Friday, JUNE 21.
If you have any questions about the benefits survey, please contact Brandon Sawyer, 100 Best project manager at